Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finally..

I think it has honestly taken me months to finally commit to beginning this. Better late than never I guess. My dilemma was I didn't really know if this would be therapeutic or just stress that I had to find something interesting enough that it wouldn't bore people to death. So I decided to go ahead and at least my family will be interested either way.

Well it seems customary to explain the name of the blog. First, I spent tons of time trying to come up with the perfect title, a title that encompasses who I am in a catchy yet profound way. That didn't work out so well. I'm either way too complex or just extremely indecisive because nothing seemed to fit right. So I started thinking of my family who this blog is bound to revolve around and then it was quite clear. If you know my kids or husband at all you know Star Wars is an intricate part of their existence. The gospel first and then Star Wars and Kevin has managed to link the two with some stretching in several areas. Some of my kids think they are jedi and the others just wish they were. Sad but true. I thought I may have hope having a girl now but they are actively trying to recruit her. I hand her a doll ,which she happily accepts, she then gives it kisses and throws it down to pick up the lightsaber. We will see who wins out on that one. I am greatly outnumbered though so it may be a lost cause. So that is how All my Jedi's was born.



13 comments:

Corrie- said...

Yeah, you're finally here! Your blog title couldn't be cuter and more perfectly describe you. Kevin must put something in the water to be turning Kristin to the Dark Side. Your only hope is that Todd Todd likes Star Trek or Starbursts. I'm on your side.

Corrie- said...

I now know why your kids love Star Wars so much. Kevin has secretly been feeding your kids this since they were little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe3TWZ_3qRg
Andy

Dory said...

Heather,
I'm so glad to see you finally caved. Your little jedi's are adorable. I have no doubt that you will be able to come up with plenty of non-boring stuff. I mean come on with a house full of boys and Kevin around and all his crazy stories...You'll have plenty to share!

heather said...

My wonderful wife gives into all forms of peer pressure...Good thing she has great friends! Will these blogs cut down on those dreaded GIRLS nights... I can ship the candy and snacks to everyone....Savings in gas etc...

The Fireman Mormon

Joan Richards said...

Yes, the saga continues! I love it!

Leslie said...

Yeah!!! Welcome to the cyber-neighborhood!! So glad to have you here! I'd bring you some cyber-cookies to welcome you, but I don't have a recipe :)

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

My gang loves it! I'll put you all in my fav's!
Elizabeth

Louann and Bari said...

Sure hope you don't mind me joining in. It's so great to 'visit' with the sisters throughout the week- it really gives me a boost. Come visit me sometime if you want--louonblog.

Steve and Jamie said...

Hilarious! You came up with the perfect name. This whole blogging thing is like watching a scary zombie movie. It starts out that there is just one scary zombie and then pretty soon you can't tell if your best friend or loved one has joined the pack. (Cue the Thriller music) Welcome to the pack!

Shayleen Lunt said...

It really is the perfect site name. I think these blogs will make it easier for us to schedule the "GIRLS nights."
Love the pics!

Papa D said...

What a perfect title!

Hang in there. At least you have Kristin to keep you company in your testosterone world. In less than two years, I will be swimming alone in the estrogen ocean.

Mama D said...

I concur -- you have picked a great name for your blog! The pics of your Jedi's are adorable! Welcome to the blogging world.
Please come visit me: mamadehotel

Tiffany said...

Best name EVER. So funny. (I'm Leslie's sister, by the way.)