
I am trying to have a more positive perspective so my new outlook is my kids aren't lazy slackers they are concerned about the environment and are being "green".
1. They don't flush the toilet after every use. I'm sure it isn't laziness it's just them trying to limit water usage. I will just ignore the glaring contradiction of leaving the water running the whole entire time they brush their teeth or wash any dishes.
2. Luke and Ryan want to recycle almost everything--which may be because that is Colin's job to take out and they alternate taking out the regular garbage or they just love our planet.
3. Colin is very meticulous about what is actually something that can be recycled. He will study the object for the triangle symbol. Again maybe because that means less work for him in the end but I will go with he is just extremely dedicated to this cause.
4. They leave their garbage laying around inside the house. I'm sure this is because their deep concern for not overburdening the existing landfills.
5. Some of them don't seem to ever want to change clothes. Gross you say.. well, yeah kind of but think of again the water they are saving by not producing as much laundry.
6. They never want to actually use the cleaners to clean the cabinets or bathroom. They take a rag and just kind of half-heartedly wipe it down. Well imagine my relief when my eyes were opened to the fact they are just protesting the use of chemicals that can damage our planet. That is so much better than the alternate explanation which is they are half jobbers that have absolutely no pride in their work.
Perception=Reality right?
7 comments:
How nice to have children who set such a fine example. You must be so proud!
Heather, I love your perspective! I'm going to adopt some of these myself. Maybe it will help me not get so frustrated with my kids' half-hearted attempts to clean.
Wow! You have raised VERY conscientious children. The planet will be in good hands as they become adults! Way to go Heather!
That's why my 4 year old doesn't wipe her bum after going to the bathroom. She's trying to conserve toilet paper. Why didn't I think of that?
Thanks for the laugh!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! LOL Oh my Heather. I love your perspectives on life.
I was talking to Michael the other day about your post about Kristen taking her bath in the washer and said to him that I was always impressed with how calm you seem to be all of the time even with all of the adventures you have. I am not sure I would handle things as well.
You are my hero!
And now, your saving the planet as well it seems. Incredible. :)
Obama and Al would be so proud! Good to know that my three share that same love for their environment!
I love how you find the humor in all those normally annoying habits!! You've opened my eyes to a whole new way of looking at being green!! lol
Post a Comment