Every birthday I make my kids name in pancakes.Since it was the big 18 I decided to add the age as well. I usually just make their favorite dinner on their birthday but because this was such a special birthday we let him pick a restaurant to all go to. Kevin's family met us there and we had a great time celebrating a great guy.
Then it was Kristen a little over a week later! How is is possible my little girl is already 8! She has added such a sweet spirit to our home. It is her and I, the lone girls surrounded by all these boys. She also has taught me lots---really I find parenthood is just as much a school for the child as it is for the parent. She has reminded me of my softer more tender side and how to enjoy and seek out "moments". We can just be walking together and she will say--"Isn't this such a nice moment together mom."
She wanted a "girl party" with friends so it was fun getting to decorate with things other than Star Wars and other super hero themes.
The next day she got her purple belt in karate and then later that day got baptized. It was a crazy weekend but wonderful. I am so proud of this beautiful little girl!!
2 comments:
What a great post! I love that picture of you and Luke.
I can't believe how much your kids have grown. Happy Birthday to these awesome kids!
Post a Comment