Monday, January 7, 2008

New Year's Eve Bash!

I figure better late than never posting our New Year's Eve events. We went to the annual Richard's New Year's Eve Party and that is always a fun time. We eat and then split up in teams and play a series of games. Which I have to mention the team I was on won this year!! We then eat some more. We had to guess how much candy was in the Gingerbread house which is funny because Colin was one of the winner's. I asked him how many he thought and he said 5. I made it 105 and he won. Do you think he was willing to share the candy prize with me since I helped him win. Of course not. He would he said but I got my own candy prize since my team won the other games. Which he was on my same team and got extra candy for that as well but that was besides the point in his mind. Then there is always a pinata which is a highlight for the kids. Last year it was Darth Vader's helmet and this year it was a pink unicorn or horse thing so it's always a surprise.


Kristen really enjoyed this process as well. She was tapping it while Luke had no mercy on the poor thing. With his "skills" he got it busted open a little for it to be finished off by the next couple of hitters.


The chaos began as candy went flying throughout the air and kids scrambling for their share of the loot.

At midnight-which at this party is 10pm. It's really quite brilliant. They set the clocks ahead so at 10 it says midnight and we do the count down and have noise makers, and those pull the string and it explodes things, and the kids run outside to celebrate the "new year". The neighbors who you would think be confused are used to this as this tradition has been going on for years and years now. Most of my kids are oblivious to the fact it is actually earlier. It's a fun time for all! Even Grandma Hottenstein!
There was even a mini dance party going on for a minute!

6 comments:

Pampered Princess said...

Great pictures Heather! And I love the early countdown. How brillian is that?!

Mama D said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a fun New Year's Eve!

Corrie- said...

What a fun time you must have had. Your pics are great, it's almost like I was there!

Cassie Rakes said...

I'll have to remember that about setting the clocks back, but I am going to enjoy a few more years of just putting them to bed. hahaha.

Patty said...

Looks like a great party! And I love the idea of setting the clocks back!! Aimee has said she'll use that tactic on her own children!

Dory said...

Looks like fun. So can I really come next year?