That's right today marks Kevin and I's 1oth anniversary! Notice in the picture that on our cake which had the cute little Precious Moments wedding topper that I picked that Kevin had placed Han and Leia action figures on the second tier and I didn't even notice! That really should have been my first clue how much Star Wars would become part of my life.OK back to the current-- this month has been so crazy with birthdays, and Kevin's work/class schedule and of course the fact that I could give birth at any moment that we have been a little preoccupied and it's all kind of overshadowed this milestone so I'm glad we thought ahead and did the real celebrating on our D.C. adventure. I still have to acknowledge the actual date however so here are 10 reasons I love being married to Kevin.1. If you ever have to go to a party or event and it is uncomfortable to you he is great to have around because he can talk to anyone and can "break the ice" in almost all settings.
2. If you ever need to know what's going on locally or nationally you can ask him. He is the most informed citizen I know. If he had the time he would watch the 12, 5, 6, and 11 news. That's not to mention the CSpan and local access channels for town meetings he throws in on the side. To me I think how much can really change from 12 to 5 but if it did I know I could ask Kevin.
3. He is one of the most honest people I know. He will not say or do something just to be a pleaser. He is who he is. Which is funny because if you know Kevin you know he is very opinionated and blunt at times but I honestly was completely unaware of these traits until after we were married! Love really can be blind.
4. He is a very hard worker in anything he does. If he agrees to do something he will put the best effort he has into it whether it's work, church, or home. That is a great example to me who has kind of adopted the "oh well that's good enough" attitude.
5. If you have a bit of a speeding problem it's very convenient to have Kevin as your husband as it has gotten me out of getting a ticket a few times.
6. If you are the cubscout leader like I am it is wonderful having Kevin who not only answers my 3 million questions about how it works but also to provide cool field trips to both fire and police stations.
7. If you don't enjoy doing all the household jobs and responsibilities by yourself than it's great to have Kevin. I know I have mentioned it before but it's just to awesome to not reward over and over with verbal praise and that is He cleans! and not half-job cleaning but really cleans and organizes and sanitizes ,really what else can you ask for. But wait there is more because he will cook too --without being asked or expecting anything in return either!
8. If you ever are feeling not so wonderful Kevin is a great husband to have. He is always telling me how wonderful and amazing I am and will give specific examples of why he thinks so. When we pray together he always shows such gratitude for having me in his life. This is great because I know I'm not always the easiest person to live with but hey if I have him snowed, awesome!
9. If you need a laugh just get Kevin talking. He is an amazing story teller and with his occupation he always has interesting stories and events to share. It is never boring hearing about his day and he can make most any situation amusing in one way or another.
10. If you want an incredible husband, father, and friend Kevin is the one to have. For me that is. His strengths are my weakness and vice versa so it truly works out that we compliment and balance each other. He has taught me a lot and in turn I'm sure I've taught him a lot-a lot more that is! Just kidding!
Here's to 10 years of ups and downs. New jobs, kids, vacations, more kids, and just living life together! I love you! Happy Anniversary!
9 comments:
Awww. Warm fuzzies! You two are each such awesome people and are even better together. We love you & Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! It is wonderful to see two people who obviously are so perfect for each other.
Now, Kevin, about setting a standard that the rest of can't reach and having your wife publish that standard to our wives . . .
Maybe the next scouting activity he can teach the guys (LEADERS INCLUDED) how to clean, sanitize, cook and those other things you mentioned (althought I would be happy with just a couple of the above mentioned) without being asked to!
ps Love your birthday cake!
Congratulations! You two really are a great match! And the Han and Leah on the wedding cake -- priceless!
Wow- what a guy! Sounds like you two are a perfect match! (Especially if you're going to continue speeding!!)
Happy Anniversary! What a great tribute to your husband. So does he get rid of speeding tickets for friends . . . not that I would EVER speed.
Happy anniversary! You two are a great couple!
Han and Leia on your wedding cake were a dead give-away of what you had in store! It seems obvious that you were a little too preoccupied with everything else that day to notice and prepare yourself for the Force that would take over your life! :]
Congratulations! Mark and I have our 10th in June and now he is expecting a top ten list! Thanks for the pressure :)
Happy Anniversary you two! I remember being at your wedding reception and thinking, now why can't I find a great guy like that? Kudos to you Kevin!
p.s. don't worry it only took me three years later to find my prince.
Post a Comment