Monday, March 2, 2009

A Crappy Few Weeks

If you are easily grossed out you might want to stop reading now. When I chose the title of this post and included crappy--it was both figurative and literal.

First a stomach bug hit most of us. Which is bad enough but then you have to deal with the 100 diapers filled with toxic waste and try to take care of it as fast as you can while fighting the urge to vomit.

Then what started as a typical day went very,very wrong. I went to get Kristen a drink and realized Ben was MIA so I told Colin to go find him. I hear from upstairs--MOM, EMERGENCY!! I'm sorry!!! OK I think this can't be good but as I'm walking upstairs I don't hear crying so I thought well it can't be that bad. Boy was I wrong. I walk in the bathroom and there is Ben--hands in the toilet(which apparently Colin did not flush-hence the apology) Why do babies eat and play in disgusting things. I again have to fight the urge to vomit. Strip him down wash out his mouth and throw him in the bathtub. All while on the phone with the insurance adjuster I might add.

Oh if that wasn't enough. No there's more. A few days ago I'm trying to take a shower and when I'm almost done I get some visitors. Kristen is trying to open the door with Ben by her side and I'm holding it shut with one hand and trying to rinse with the other while she continually shouts MY TURN!! I finish and get out and she had already stripped down and jumped in before I got all the way out. I go to get dressed and I hear the door open, a weird grunting and then the door again. I go to see what that was and I guess she got out of the shower pooped on the floor--about 3 INCHES from the toilet and then got back in. COME ON!! Really!! If your going to take the time to get out of the shower you can't take the 1/2 step and make it to the toilet!

So you see I wasn't exaggerating. It really hasn't been the best few weeks. Put all this with being the homework police and the chore nazi-- I am done!!

7 comments:

Patty said...

You need a trip to a spa. A grown-up spa with no poop in sight. Or some other relaxing adult experience to wash away all the bad memories. Seriously. Your title really says it all.

Sarah said...

Sorry about all the poop in your life! Just think...someday you'll look back and miss all this. OR NOT! I hope you have a day filled with sweet smelling diapers and kids who clean up their own messes. You can dream, right??

Steve and Jamie said...

What, you didn't want to add the bit about the broken garage door and the visit from the police? You really have had a crappy few weeks. I hope it gets better!

Mama D said...

What a crappy few weeks!! It can only get better from here, right? (please...)

And wait! I knew about the garage door, but a visit from the police??

You don't realize it, but watching how you deal with the ups and downs of your life helps me as I deal with my own.

chelle said...

I have had a horrible month...but at least I am not or have not had to deal with that! eww I'm sorry! I had to laugh though too...Hopefully you are at the point where you can look back and laugh. If not you will..and you have this 'journal' entry to remember it and possibly use for blackmail down the road!!
I am just glad you didn't think.."oh, let me grab the camera!" lol

Cassie Rakes said...

Hey I think you deserve a whole 5 days without being incharge of the kids, I just don't recommend spending those days in the hospital. Sorry about the week, I'm not sure I would have even traded you weeks.

Leslie said...

Oh my! That's awful! I don't know how I missed this post when it was new, but I'm so sorry that things were so, well, crappy.

I think you need a get-away. Somewhere out west. Ya, maybe, let's say, Grand Junction, or something. ;)