Thursday, May 7, 2009

Diary of a Mess cleaning/clothes changing mom

I don't know what is going on this week but the messes are in great bounty which then in turn makes the laundry ridiculous. Ben and Kristen have both averaged 3-4 outfits a day. Sometimes it's purely innocent things that happened but then the others not so innocent.......

Mon.- found Ben completely coated in butter-pants, shoes, hair, and face. It got tricky picking him up because he was so slippery. The crazy thing is I'm cleaning up a few dishes and hear him giggling while Ryan played the piano. I thought he liked the music--no apparently just the delight of being lathered in lard.













Tues.-Kristen was a bit hungry I guess because I found her with the peanut butter jar and the jelly jar. I guess she is concerned about carbs because she had no bread--she just was sticking her hand in both jars and licking it. The jelly ended up on the carpet, TV, and all over her of course.

Wed.- Ben was feeling kind of crafty I guess because I found a tube of glitter spread all over my bathroom floor. Then Kristen had a push pop and the whole idea of "pushing" it up was just beyond her I guess because she just let it melt down her arm and of course onto the carpet. She just stared at it baffled. COME ON!! if you can scale the boxes in the basement to open the freezer and find it hidden than surely you could push the little tiny stick up to get more ice cream.

Thurs.-This must have been makeover day. I found her covered in mascara--kind of like body paint. It must have been good quality because even in the shower it wasn't coming off. I went to get some more serious soap come back and she is sitting in the bottom of the shower as the water poured around her reading this nice hardback space book Kevin left in the bathroom. I said What are you DOING!! She looks up so innocent as says Oh hi mom, I reading go away.

This next one didn't technically happen this week but I put them in the bath and then hurried to vacuum up the explosion of popcorn kernels that was covering my floor from a snack gone bad. I come back up the stairs and smell a familiar smell of clean mint as I am trying to figure out how I know this smell I look and see Kristen covered in toothpaste and smearing it all over Ben's body like soap. I started rinsing them off but then stopped to take the picture. So this isn't really an accurate picture so just imagine that on their shoulders all over their bodies. The water was a lovely shade of blue. The cruel irony was that as i was cleaning the bathroom up they helped themselves to some crackers on the floor that I just paid a very high price to get vacuumed and they got crumbs all over the floor.


These were just the highlights there were many more messes that were much more typical but annoying nonetheless. I'm scared to think what is in store tomorrow. I guess I just can't get dressed or go to the bathroom---I guess I better stop drinking now... and maybe sleep in some clothes. On a more positive note-- at least none of it had to do with any bodily fluids or functions this time.

7 comments:

Papa D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama D said...

(Papa's deleted comment was mine...)

Well, at least you know how to write an interesting and humorous diary! And, wow, your kids are focused and inventive in their escapades!

Hang in there. Before you know it, they are going to be driving college roommates and missionary companions crazy... and you just might miss some of these insane moments. (Hmm, maybe not!)

Reynolds Family said...

That makes me tired just reading about it-darling kids though. It was so fun to see you last week. We sure miss you guys!

Leslie said...

That makes me tired, too. I don't know how you do it, but you can make anything funny! You are blessed that way!
Can't wait to see you soon!!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow. You are honestly the most patient person! I would have lost it after day one!

Patty said...

I can't believe that all happened in the space of one week. You sure are a patient Mom to have put up with all that AND had the presence of mind to take pics instead of blowing up! I hope this next week is a LOT cleaner for you!

chelle said...

Have your kids been hanging out at my house as well?!?! lol My house looks like a bomb went off. It's typical when I go out of town I guess. But, it has been this way , oh for about 3 months now. I am glad you have a good strong back to be able to handle all of that! I am tired just reading it.