

After a very blah birthday morning and an afternoon of battle of the wills. Ryan comes walking through the door and says Mom there is 30 kids in my class not 11!! OK I didn't necessarily expect a Happy Birthday Mom your the best but I am utterly confused by this statement. He says-- you know the cookies.....Well let me pause here and give you a little back story to fully appreciate my horror that has begun to sink in.Ryan's birthday was Sunday and since mine is the day after we decided to combine them and have one cake on Monday night. So I asked him what special treat he would like on his actual birthday. He chose chocolate chip cookies so I made them and we ate a lot--the leftovers I put in a ziplock bag on the counter. He gets up sees the bag and assumes they are for a class treat(I wasn't aware that he wanted to take any to school--I didn't know if they even still did that in 5th grade) Apparently they do! So he takes them to school.
Now that you are caught up I say--Umm Ryan they weren't for your class--I would have made more if you told me you wanted that. They were just extras for you to have. What did you do when you realized you just had 11. He said that he and his teacher split them in thirds!! OK now I feel like a total idiot. What must his teacher think of a mother who sends in 11 cookies to a class of 30!! Here are all these 5th graders nibbling on there tiny sliver of a cookie and all the while thinking What the Heck Man? Not even a half a cookie-- a third of a regular sized cookie--that's about equal to one bite!!
So as he goes away with tears in his eyes I'm left stunned in both shock and embarrassment. I go find him and talk to him and it turns out he was really upset about the fact he could have had the cookies himself instead of a 1/3 of one. So I tell him I can make more for him--so he's happy now but I'm still left mortified thinking about the utter confusion his teacher must have been in. Another testament to me to never judge because there is probably a really crazy misunderstanding to go along with it.
11 comments:
Poor Ryan. I can't believe you only let him take 11 cookies! hehe
Okay Heather,
I am laughing so hard I am crying! That is hilarious.
You could always tell Ryan that at least his class got to practice fractions!
HAHAHA! hilarious story. thanks for sharing and happy birthday to you both! :)
Heather I can bearly see the computer screen thru my tears. Ba hahaha :0
11 cookies
Thirds
HE COULD HAVE HAD THEM ALL - spoken like a true boy
That was great thankyou. Happy birthday btw.
Oh how does one split a cookie into thirds evenly?
Even halfs are hard enough, quarters I could even see, but thirds? I think I might make some cookies just to try.
Sounds like a double batch is in order - one for Ryan and one for him to take to his class for real!
I think the double batch should be for you to eat all by yourself!
That is one hilariously horrible story! :)
I miss you, my friend!
I think you deserve some cookies yourself! I was cracking up when I got to the part of Ryan being sad because he could have had them for himself! Who knew chocolate chip cookies could be so entertaining??
So funny! Happy birthday to the pair of you.
That is so funny, I'm laughing out loud at my computer. Thirds!
Post a Comment