Saturday, February 13, 2010

Did you know snow is spiritual?

On the way home from church last week Colin out of no where presents this question to me.

"Mom, did you know snow is spiritual?" I wasn't sure if this came up in primary or what so I just said, "Oh really why is that." Colin then begins, "Well you know snow is white, and pure and everything. Water makes snow and we get baptized in water so really snow is spiritual."

Wow that is quite a connection and I'm feeling all proud of him and his deep thinking. Before I can finish those thoughts i hear--"So I think we should be able to play in the snow today since snow is spiritual and its Sunday and we need to do spiritual stuff today."

Now it's clear where this thought came from--He does his most profound thinking when he is after something. Somehow my pride has faded a bit. Oh well at least he has progressed from when he was little and he would tell me Jesus told him that he needed to eat that candy, or Jesus told me you need to buy that toy for me.

So who am I to deny my child a spiritual experience--on a Sunday no less. So I sent him out to build a snow temple.

5 comments:

Corrie- said...

I love that kid, salesman that he is.

Erin said...

Awesome. He deserved the snow after all that thinking!

Leslie said...

Oh how we miss that kid!! Ben is still in mourning over moving away from his best friend!

Patty said...

That boy has a bright future! I love his reasoning!!

Amanda said...

I say the same thing about Colin that I do about Caitlin....She(He) is smart. Not rocket scientist smart, bank robber smart!!