I'm not quite sure if I should be flattered Heavenly Father thinks I have the capacity to deal with these last couple of uniquely messy adventurous children or if I really screwed up along the way and have to learn some major lessons.
I was just thinking not too long ago about how Kristen actually seems to be calming down and things are so much better with her. I guess I relaxed just a little too much and Ben felt the tremor in the force so he felt it his duty to step up to live on with her legacy of destruction and mayhem.
This month he:
Took off all his clothes and when I went to get him new ones he escaped out the back door and after frantic searching I find him streaking across my neighbors yard 2 doors down. I quickly get him hoping no one witnessed that but later find out he was talking to the teenage girl that lives there and she asked him where his clothes were and he says "I don't know". Fantastic!
He sprayed Windex on all the cushions on my couch
He snuck the cooking spray downstairs and sprayed it all over the floor
He went swimming in the little pool on our deck and again takes his clothes off and is floating for awhile--over and over I put them back on and then find his shorts off. I sun screened him well but later I see these bright pink cheeks race pass me. That's why you should leave your shorts on!!!
He sprayed a whole bottle of sunscreen on each of the cushions on my couch---just about where a head would be so it looks like we all have some greasy heads. It won't come out--Nice.
He dumped a whole bottle of Men's body wash in Ryan's room on the carpet. This is a repeat performance in a different venue. The first was Luke's Axe body wash all over the carpet in my room. Ryan and Colin didn't want to sleep in their room because they said it smelled so strong it was giving them a headache.
He sprayed cooking spray on my carpet upstairs. I even had it hid in the pantry and he pulled a stool over and found it.
I will leave out the several times of cleaning other things off the carpet that smell way worse than some body wash.
So I have been lax in keeping up with my blog and other things because I'm afraid what is going on if I sit down for one minute. I am sick of scrubbing. Being vigilant is exhausting. I'm one step away from a crazy paranoid lady that mumbles too herself with a rag in one hand and cleaner in the other. So you won't see me thinking or relaxing anytime soon--that's just too dangerous.
5 comments:
My guess is that Ben is going to be a fireman with all of this spraying. He's just practicing!
I agree about my girl Kristen too. She's really growing up to be just like her awesome mom!
I think it's just "last few children in a large family" syndrome. At least that's what I tell myself... My most pesky (though admittedly adorable) child is the caboose.
I like Corrie's idea - Ben is just practicing to follow in his Daddy's footsteps!
Hang in there. I'm glad you had a few precious seconds to update your blog!
I don't know how you do it. I am wore out even thinking about dealing with all of that. I guess HF knew what he was doing when I had my kids when I was YOUNG! lol
Hang in there. At least you know in a year or two, he should calm down.
Here's something to think about, would Luke have been just like that had he not been the only child you had to keep track of at the time? I shudder to think the things Mary Jane would've pulled off if she had been last instead of first.
Wow. You've definitely got your hands full (and then some!) Keep hanging in there... hopefully Ben will hit the stage where he's settling down some too (and the sooner the better!!)
Post a Comment