Sunday, October 24, 2010

October...So far

October historically is my least favorite month. Mostly because it is most assuredly the month I find myself a single parent. It starts out with the Firehouse open house which is where these first few pictures are from. It is fun but it is a lot of work for the firemen. October is Fire Prevention month which really I don't have anything against that except it means the Fire Dept. needs to visit every school, preschool, daycare in the whole district this month. That is a lot of classes and extra time and shifts. Also it is when the park starts their halloween nights thing which is almost every night and yep that means a lot of shifts that need to be covered. On the upside this year hasn't been so bad for whatever reason--mostly I think Kevin saying no more often and rearranging other things so October has redeemed itself so far.
Here are pictures from the month so far.
This is Kevin's boat he got to show off at the open house. He worked really hard to get the grant money and go through this long process so the Fire Dept would have their own rescue boat.


























We also went to Halloween Nights one evening.
Ryan had his first band concert. It was really fun to see him play the saxophone. He has come really far in 6 weeks!!

We went to a trunk or treat activity and got a chance to wear their Halloween costumes.


Mom this picture it for you. Thanks for the costume she looks very regal!
We also went to a lot of soccer games which I can't find the pictures from. I will have to post those later. Luke had a great season on the freshman team and went from the bench to a starter in a matter of one game. He was the top scorer on the team--which he kept track of very carefully all season. So that is are month so far.

5 comments:

Reynolds Family said...

Your kids are getting so big and your little Kristen is such a cute little princess!

Patty said...

It looks like October is plenty busy for you, too! I'm glad it hasn't been as bad as it usually is. I love all the pics you post. The kids in their costumes is especially great!

Mama D said...

October is a busy month! Glad this year seems to be better than previous years. Congrats to Ryan on his first band concert! Your kids are growing up. I remember when Collin or Ryan was Buzz Lightyear...

Joan Richards said...

The pictures came out well even though the camera was giving you fits. We enjoyed the concert. The costumes looked great. Nice rescue boat Kevin. I assume this means you don't need anything else for Christmas.

chelle said...

Sax ROCKS! :)
Great pics and thank goodness Oct. is over huh?!?