Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's the thought that counts...right?



I had this plan. It was going to be clever and funny and tasty. Weeks before Kevin's birthday I ordered these Star Wars pancake molds. I even got the Pancake Pen to ensure optimum results. I hid them for a week so he never knew I had them. The morning of his birthday came and I let him sleep in and began to create a buttermilk Yoda , Darth Vader, and Storm Trooper. I pour the mix in the pen which is a way messier process than I imagined. I then start pouring in the batter and so far so good. Well except they seem so thick. I then go to lift it up so I can flip the pancake as it stated. Well it was stuck and I couldn't get it out. I try all three of these things and after a bit of a battle I end up with 1/2 a Yoda face, a mouthpiece for Darth Vader, and a mutilated storm trooper that are all about 2 inches thick! I no longer have any batter--which I mixed enough for 12-14 pancakes! How hard can this be!! Really! It's pancakes !!

About this time here comes Kevin who sees the bomb that went off in the kitchen that was perfectly clean just hours before. He sees the 3 mutilated abnormally giant pancakes and just quietly gets a bowl of cereal and eats his breakfast. Happy Birthday--it really was going to be fabulous you'll just have to imagine it until I go back into battle.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I hate it when things don't work out the way they should! I love that you're willing to share your experience and save the rest of us the same headache (if we ever found such cool pancake molds!)

Mama D said...

Kevin would have loved those awesome-looking pancakes if they'd turned out. It IS the thought that counts!

Blurrymoose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.