Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Things I Won't Miss..

You know how when you are struggling with your kids in public and there is always that one person who says to you---"you'll miss this someday so enjoy them while you can." Well there are just some things I most definitely will never miss.

1. Finding my child lapping up water with their TONGUE from the toilet pretending to be a puppy!

2. Any form of puke or poop that I am forced to clean up while fighting back my own gagging especially when it occurs in the middle of the night.

3. Having my new makeup smeared all over my child and the counter, and the floor, oh and the wall too.4. Going grocery shopping with all my kids. Note: I will only do this now in an extreme emergency I will go without most anything rather than put myself or any other customers through that torture.

5. Having to hide my trash can in the closet to prevent my child from eating garbage.

I agree there are many things I will miss that drive me crazy but these are just a few of the things you cannot convince me I will look back on and wish I still had those days back.

4 comments:

chelle said...

I totally agree with you on all of those things! Sounds like things have been a little extra crazy lately. Hang in there Heather. I hear it gets better!

Corrie- said...

Now that can't be any of your angelic children doing these things... I don't remember going to the grocery store with my mom until I was after the age of 10. Maybe she also followed the same rules.

Kim said...

I know exactly how you feel! My kids aren't invited to the store because that is considered quality date time with Jeremy. Sad, I know. I reward myself with a candy bar in the chekout lane, without the tantrum, of course!

Mama D said...

I agree; there are definitely things I don't (and won't) miss. But there are plenty of other things that I do miss, even now. I hear it gets worse before it gets better. Someday I will have grandchildren, and I can have all the fun without any of the horror!!