Sunday, June 14, 2009

Superstars

I realize that I don't always post when good things happen so..

We have had some great achievements going on around here---sorry to say it still isn't potty training but these are good too.

Ryan wrote an essay on trees for the Optimist club and they picked 2 out of the whole fourth grade (I think there are about 8 classes) to win a bike!! He has really become quite a good writer he is very descriptive and has humor mingled in. His essay ended with this sentence..."Tree you later." He also has become a great artist. His art piece(again they only chose 2) got chosen to be framed and hung in the hall at his elementary school. Great Job Ryan!!

Luke worked really hard to finish up some merit badges for scouts and he advanced to Star (which is 2 ranks away from Eagle) !! It is not easy doing all the requirements for these ranks. He has a lot of natural ability in scouting and especially anything outdoors. He loves the actual camping and being in nature. He had a big fan club there for him. We all took up 1/2 the audience I think. We are all really proud of his accomplishments.











The only pictures I had of Lisa, Beth, and Ellen were later at my house playing ring around the rosie with Kristen.

Colin turned 7 and lost his first 2 teeth. He is very proud. He said "mom do I look really cute without those teeth" and then gave me a very cheesy grin. Of course I reply you are always cute to me Colin.Kristen as you know has been very slow in the talking department. Very physical but not so verbal--that is with real words. She did say her 1st sentence a little while back. Unfortunately it was this which was said very loudly--repeatedly--"I DON'T LIKE IT, I DON'T LIKE BED, I DON'T LIKE IT!! NEVER NEVER NEVER, NO BED.
Ben well he just says No all the time for everything and still says Mom in a most annoying almost mooing like manner. He has discovered a love for matchbox cars and outdoors. Every few minutes he just goes to the door and bangs and cries to get out. Sadly I have found I have very few pictures of Ben. I guess I can't give my mom anymore flack about there not hardly being any pictures of me because I was the last one.

5 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Wow - a new bike! That is quite the win. Congrats to Luke on earning his Star too.
Colin could probably lose all his teeth and still be just as cute!
Congrats on all those accomplishments! You are one busy momma!

Leslie said...

Those are awesome accomplishments! And, uh, did Luke grow a full foot taller since last year??

Tree you soon!

chelle said...

Those are some pretty awesome accomplishments! WTG Richard kids!
LOL I was just abotu to post my post and say Leslie said pretty much the same thing...oh well. It IS very awesome!
:)

Pampered Princess said...

Your kids are truly great. Take more pics of Ben so you can still razz your mom!

Mama D said...

Congrats to your kids! Kristen is true-to-form. She has such energy and dedication!