Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baths and Candy

This is what happened when I wouldn't let Kristen take a bath the other day. She ran off to pout so I went about my business. Which happened to be laundry that day. I left the lid open while the water was filling so I could run up and get a few more clothes. I came back down and she was submerged in the water of the full machine.














She always will try and find a plan b or c or d to accomplish her "goals". Which later in life will be a great thing but for now her "Inventiveness" is just annoying and frankly exhausting.

We went to a parade the other day and got way to much candy. Colin has his own huge bag he worked hard collecting in the rain. I heard a friend talking to their daughter about donating some of the candy.Knowing how Colin has an unhealthy(in more ways than one) obsession with candy I thought it would be fun to mess with him a little. Yes I know thats probably not in any parenting book but really I have to find entertainment somehow.

So I say to Colin--hey colin how about you donate some of your candy to some kids in the hospital. I see the alarm instantly in his eyes. Then he slowly and cautiously says umm I don't think that's a good idea. "Really", I said why not it may make them happy". Umm no I think it would probably be really bad for them to have it and just may make them more sick....so I think I better just keep it all. Way to take one for the team Colin.In the car today the radio was giving some entertainment report and says something about someone on TV "dropped the F bomb" on this live show. Colin was in the back and says a few minutes later-- so mom did they throw it at someone or just drop it?

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your stories!! I'm impressed at how well Kristin can think "outside of the box". I would never have thought of that myself! Way to grab the camera!
I'm also very impressed with Colin's thoughtfulness. We wouldn't want the poor sick kids to get even sicker!

Joan Richards said...

Too funny! So, how did you explain yourself out of the bomb situation?

Shayleen Lunt said...

So glad that bathing situation was you and not me. I definitely wouldn't have had the patience for that. I saw that picture and had to wait until Carter wasn't in the room to read the post...didn't want him getting any ideas ;)
Colin is so cute. I mean handsome. And thoughtful!

Mama D said...

I should not laugh at your plight, but your kids are just so darn cute! It's hard not to enjoy their antics and ingenuity and thought process!! (I know - that's easy for me to say because I don't live with them. Don't worry, though. I have my own set of crazy kids.)

I also would not have had the presence of mind to grab the camera to document that washing machine bath. Good for you! You have bribery ammunition for the future... mwahaha

chelle said...

I can't imagine what your kids will come up with as adults. I am sure it will be something super amazing that will make our lives so much easier!
Who would of thought to wash kids and clothes at the same time??? lol
And good thing the poor kids in the hospital have Colin watching out for their health. I know where to send my kids Halloween candy when I get fed up with all the wrappers laying around!

Patty said...

Your kids are very lucky to have you as a mom! What they do is sooo entertaining to all of us who aren't dealing with it first-hand, but you've got to be a saint to grab a camera instead of something like duct tape or rope!!
I like the way Colin thinks! And the f-bomb comment is hilarious!

Kim said...

I echo all of the above sentiments,Heather! You are an awesome mom to take things as they come and recognize the creativeness in Kristin. I also think Colin's candy story is funny. Just keep the laundry pics away from CPS! haha! Way to go with the flow...