Monday, October 19, 2009

If you give 2 kids a bath....


If you give 2 kids a bath

They will probably want some toys to go with it

Then they will ask for some bubbles

Seeing the bubbles will remind them how much they love the giant suds

So when you leave the room they will get the full bottle of body wash and dump it in the bath

Now that the bath is full of bubbles they will decide they are done.

They don't want to bother you so 1 kid will get a towel for the other and gives it to him while he is still in the water

Seeing the towel completely saturated in water will seem very amusing to the kids so they will go get another and another

You will then come in and see lots and lots of towels in the bathtub absorbing the massive bubble mess

You get it all cleaned up and rinse out the tub and the toys.

The kids see the toys and the clean tub

And chances are if they see the toys and tub they will want a bath to go with it.



My weekend encompassed this representation. I gave them a bath and once again they dump the soap. The bottle I put up high so it wouldn't be noticeable (1st mistake) but again scaling up a slick tub is not beyond Kristen's capabilities. Then I had 2 of my other kids watch them for a minute(2nd mistake)and I come back and find out one of those questions I could have gone my whole life not knowing--
How many towels does it take to absorb a whole bathtub full of excessively sudsy water?
Well the answer is 16--yes 16 clean large towels.Apparently dirty ones are not acceptable because they stepped over 2 dirty ones I had placed on the ground to absorb any splashes and emptied the linen closet around the corner.

I won't even go into the second bath scenario later that day. It was far less clean and just a reminder how inconvenient kids who are not potty trained can be. It ended with a complete sanitation of the whole bathroom. I think I just may have to ban baths in my house. Nothing good comes from them for me. I am just going to give them a box of baby wipes and have them wipe themselves down. It's easier to throw away 16 wipes than rinse out and haul 16 very wet, heavy towel downstairs and wash them AGAIN! I don't know if I believe right now that Cleanliness is next to godliness.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I think cleanliness is only next to godliness if you don't swear under your breath and have thoughts of killing your children while you're getting everything clean...I guess I'm out of luck!

Mama D said...

Oh my. May bath-time soon lead you to the greener pastures of less bubbles, less water, and less laundry!

Mama D said...

PS:

This is why my kids take showers.

And why my youngest two (maybe three) kids only have faint memories of bubble bath.

And why I am glad that my youngest is now 7.

The. End.

Patty said...

Wow. That makes my rough days seem like a walk in the park.
You know... you could have just tossed Kristen in the washer with the towels..

chelle said...

I say go back the 'being green' like you were a few weeks back!
No baths sounds like a great way to save on water AND your sanity!

Kim said...

Hand sanitizer also works as body sanitizer! Don't ask me why I know these things - I have a child that HATES clean water. Loves puddles, the lake, mud, and snow but not clean bubbly bath water. I can completely sympathize with you on the laundry aspect though! You're still a great mom!