
If you don't know what Axe is than you probably don't have
the privilege (that is my sarcastic font) to spend a lot of time with any teenage boys. This product is actually brilliantly marketed because most teenage boys think they must have this and that any other brand deodorant is just substandard in comparison. It used to just come as a deodorant and then to body spray but now it's out of control. They have hair gel, shampoo, and body wash in lots of different scents(with stupid names I might add like Clix, and Phoenix). I know it seems odd I care but the problem lies here. He has gotten several of these products for Christmas from various people and they are all different scents. Different strong scents. Different strong scents that do not compliment each other. Does that seem to bother him. No--the more smell the better. So I get to have my sinuses assaulted every morning with a fog of well, I'm not even sure what it is because its a mix of a musky ocean breeze mingled with some fresh Phoenix(whatever that is) and then a hint of teenage angst(that's their secret ingredient in every scent).
So this is a cautionary tale. Since teenagers don't believe in the concept of less is more--unless you are referring to work or lectures-- coordinate the shampoo and the body wash and deodorant to just one scent! Your nose will thank me I'm sure.
8 comments:
Ahh, you are in the thick of the real world of teenage boys! Both of my boys went through this stage. The good news is that eventually they really do figure out that one scent is better! (That's when the interest shifts to what the girls think of them... ie: not just 'she's cute' but 'I want *her* to think *I* am cute')
Axe is a great indicator of when boys decide on their own that good hygiene isn't just something their moms nag them about... (Now, if they'd just more quickly pick up the cue that more scent does *not* equal better!)
That is so funny-I was expecting to be dealing with this with my girls, but it didn't even occur to me that it would be an issue with the boys. Thanks for the heads up!
haha so funny!
i feel your pain - dont worry. and no, you will never get the smell out of the carpet :)
I remember boys in high school always wearing way too much polo... you have my sympathy. Too much of any scent is bad!!
freakin' hilarious. really. we'll do our best to sit far, far, FAR away, on Sunday.
It sounds like your house smells like ours. Although, I will take the smell of AXE to the other alternatives...
I LOVE it!!! That's too funny!
Post a Comment