Monday, April 21, 2008

Grouchy Smurf

I went to post something yesterday but was stopped again by having to clean up an enormous mess. I look up and Kristen looks at me and I notice her mouth is completely blue.









She got in the super industrial food coloring-the stuff you get at a cake store to really make the icing bright. I quickly survey the damage. She had gotten some on the counter then stepped in it, proceeded to then slide down the counter leaving bright blue streaks. The boys come running to see what's going on and then quickly leave the scene of the crime as they see I am not happy! Well in their rush they didn't notice they had stepped in it and there were these footprints on my freshly cleaned carpets. You see we put are house back on the market Mon. got the carpets cleaned on Thurs. and I'm scrubbing them on Fri.(blueberry poptart gone awry) and then again on Sun. where it looks live over sized smurfs were running through my living room. It was like this crazy epidemic- blue was everywhere and nobody knew how it was getting there. It was on their arms, the wall, and my hands and feet. The more you scrubbed the more it spread-- just how it was intended to do in coloring icing. I do love the Smurfs and I do love the the color blue BUT COME ON!!!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh.my! Heather, I happen to run a "Smurf Drop-off Center" where you can drop off your little (and big) Smurf's anytime day or night when death/carnage/etc. seems imminent.
I am so sorry! Were you able to get it out of the carpet, etc?

Louann and Bari said...

Can you just dye everything else to match?
Hey-Remember that you can add a little red food coloring in accent places because red+blue=purple. LOTS of people like purple in their houses.

In The Pitts said...

I'm so sorry. I will never get over the electric blue target drawn into the middle of our white living room carpet! Of course the marker was one of those sticky permenant ones! Try white erase board cleaner. You can get it it at school supply stores.

Patty said...

Poor Heather!! That's just what you didn't need. I hope it all came out all right. (The situation and the dye!)

heather said...

With much scrubbing and the stain remover the carpet cleaner left it did come out. There are a few spots that are slightly tinted but I don't think it's too noticeable.

gordonfan said...

This could be the launch of her new career as a blues singer

Cassie Rakes said...

wee ohh wee ohh wee ohh, that's what I say, that's my sad saying by the way. I just had flash backs where a koolaid packet got spilled, it's horrible horrible I tell you.

Papa D said...

In "While You Were Sleeping" they solved a spill problem by putting a couch over the stained carpet. Any option like that?

(and congrats on still having the same number of kids as you had last week! I think that might qualify as justifiable homicide.)

Mama D said...

Ouch! This one hurts. Glad that it only left a few unnoticeable tinges of blue. You deserve a lot of brownie points for letting your kids survive this one! :)