Monday, April 21, 2008

Two Birthdays

Luke and Kristen recently had birthdays so here are some pictures from the festivities.

Every year Luke wants Angel Food Cake and with nothing on it. One year we made it all fancy with cool whip and strawberries all arranged on top--he looked at it and informed us unhappily that we ruined his cake! Less is more I guess.

My attempt at Rita's Butterfly cupcakes. Kristen got a stroller which she loves and put her doll from Grandma in it. The doll looks like a little mini Kristen.

Birthday girl going for a ride on Grandpa who she calls Pa-pee.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

That is so funny that Luke doesn't want anything on his cake! The more strawberries and whipped cream the better, I say!

And, your butterfly cupcakes look fabulous. I'm impressed!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Those butterfly cupcakes look yummy! I may need the instructions sometime.
And yes - that doll does look a lot like Kristen! So cute!

Patty said...

I guess Luke won't have to worry about getting fat from eating too much cake and frosting, eh? That's funny that he wants it totally plain!
Those cupcakes turned out great! They're really cute! Not quite as cute as Kristen with her look alike doll though!

Mama D said...

Happy Birthday, Luke and Kristen! Looks like they had fun. I can't believe Luke is 12 now.

Rita's butterfly cupcakes are DIVINE! I still haven't braved making them myself, so you are one up on me! They look yummy, so you must have done a good job. And I think angel food cake is good any way you have it!

Corrie- said...

Rita would be proud of those cupcakes, and on your first try too! Happy, happy birthday Luke & Kristen! (Can you believe you are the mom of a 12 year old?)