You know we only have the
best most exciting "games" at our house. I hope you can sense the sarcasm intended in that statement. Our newest is a game we call
Musical Beds. These are all our bedrooms and where the "game" takes place nightly. Kristen has her own room with an extra twin bed. Colin and Ryan share with the bunk beds, and then Luke and Ben.




It begins when we put Kristen to bed in
her bed. She then promptly moves to the twin bed in her room. After a couple of minutes she makes her way to the top bunk where Ryan is sleeping. Which then causes Colin to complain-not that she's making noise and disturbing him but that she picked Ryan and not him. OK so we put her back in her bed. She then makes her way to visit Luke in his bed where she either brings a book or just grabs his Gameboy and starts "playing it". I put her back in bed and then go deal with Ben and just wonder where I'll find her when I'm done feeding him.
Now for the next part of the game. I usually then find Luke and Kristen asleep in his bed. However now I need to put Ben to bed which happens to be in Luke's room. The problem is I have to let him cry to sleep soo.. I move sleeping Kristen to her bed..get Luke to wake up enough to shift to the extra bed in her room and then when Ben falls asleep later I move Luke back to his bed(per his request or I'd just leave him). Almost done now..Usually in the middle of the night sometime here comes Kristen who tries to climb in our bed.

I take her back to her bed and in the morning...can you guess which bed I find her in..Luke's. Luckily he doesn't mind--I think it makes him feel kind of cool Her Royal Highness has chosen him (over the other two brothers) to find comfort with.
As you can imagine this game has gotten old real quick. So a couple of days ago about 10:30pm it dawned on us that maybe we should just rethink this whole situation. We start taking the crib down right then and we moved Ben so he now has his own room where he can cry and not disturb anyone..Then we put her toddler bed in Luke's room. So far so good. I guess Kevin wanted to play this game too.. hopefully we can fix that too.
10 comments:
Girl...it sounds like you guys are always having fun at your house...no matter what time it is! Did you ever consider letting Kevin sleep in Kristen's bed and having one all to yourself?!?
Sounds a lot like our house. At our other house we usually had 2-3 kids sleeping on our floor each night. OR fall asleep on the couch then have to be moved etc. I don't have any answers on this one. I say let em sleep where they lie. Eye yi yi. Hope you manage to get a little bit of sleep in between games ;-)
Kristen sure is a character! I love how the boys get upset if she doesn't pick them!
Maybe you should set up a bed for yourself downstairs and then let the games begin!
Maybe you should set up a bed for yourself downstairs and then let the games begin!
hee hee hee! Too funny.
Hey girl!I miss you would you please give me a call since you failed to give me your new number.I love your blog, it just isn't the same as a heart-to-heart.
We've been playing musical beds at our house too. Allison has been spending a lot of time in our bed. I'm too tired to move her back to her bed, so I end up on the couch most nights.
Been there; done that. Oops, still doing that.
This was so funny to read. Maybe because I can relate so well!!
The only good news I have learned is that when they hit the pre-teen/teen years, kids finally learn to enjoy/stay in their own beds!
Post a Comment