Monday, December 17, 2007

Gingerbread Houses

Kevin's parents have mastered the art of gingerbread house making. They make homemade gingerbread and icing and have templates of houses to make and it ends up being an easy(for us- not his poor mom who has to bake all the gingerbread and make the icing) and fun activity assembling and decorating the houses. They have tons of candy options and little cute decorations to make each house unique and fun. So for family home evening we went over and made this cute creation:Kristen just spent the time trying to eat all the candy! After you make one of these you can never go back to the graham cracker or gingerbread house kits in a box. We've tried but it's just not the same. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Richards for inviting us for the fun evening and doing all the preliminary work so we could do the fun part.

4 comments:

Mama D said...

What a wonderful gingerbread house you guys made! Sounds like Kevin's mom has the secret to more than making fantastic gingerbread -- things like finding energy, patience, time... Things that are in short supply for me. (Hmm, probably why we don't end up making gingerbread houses...) Glad you had such a great time! I love the holidays(even without our own candy house).

Jen said...

Your gingerbread house is very impressive. You could enter one of those contest thingies, with that kind of work product!

Pampered Princess said...

WOW! They are gorgeous! I bet you could sell "that" house!!!
I'm with Kristen....I'd be all over the candy!

Corrie- said...

Your family is uber talented! I'm surprised that your house does not have an ounce of Star Wars in it however. Maybe next year!