Sunday, December 9, 2007

You've had a Birthday...

Today, Monday,December 10th is my marvelous Mother's birthday!! It is your turn for your birthday salute from the 'herd'. I say that because someone the other day saw me with all the kids and said wow you have your own herd. I wasn't aware 4 kids now was equivalent to mass quantity livestock, I guess it depends on the day how much I would dispute that. Anyway back to your tribute from my herd of Jedi!

Kevin: Grandma really makes each of our children feel special both individually and as a whole. She's a ruthless Monopoly player and sore loser in Domino's. She raised a wonderful girl to be my wife. She's also a great arms dealer for my kids. (see Ryan and Colin's comment.)

Heather: I am so thankful you were so patient and loving as I was growing up. I know now how hard that is to accomplish. Thanks for acting so interested at my random chattering when you were fighting back sleep or actually maybe just boredom. Thank you for being such an amazing example of the mother and spiritual person I hope to become. You are an incredibly giving person who is both funny and wise, creative and talented and I love you very much!!

Luke: When we go visit she always makes sure she has my favorite: waffles. I like that she has cable with lots of channels. She cooks good too. I love the stories she makes up and tells or even when she reads the Hank stories.

Ryan: I like that she lets us go on adventures to the hills and goes sometimes with us. I like how she sweet talks to me and I know she loves me. I like how she has these fantasy stories she tells us at night with us in them. I like the toys she get us and when she buys us play guns.

Colin: She makes yummy food like eggs and stuff. She takes us to the gun store. (note: I know it is TN but this is the Dollar store where they get play guns .) Grandma makes me happy because she always tells me how much she loves me. Like when she says "I love you like crazy", that's funny! The stories she tells help me go right to bed.

Kristen: No! Bye! Shoe!--followed by serious rambling I don't understand.

I hope you enjoy your birthday and as usual your present will be arriving I'm sure a couple of days late. I wouldn't want to break that tradition. To mix it up a little the kids decided to sing you a "different" song than Grandpa so here is another fun primary birthday song.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I love your tradition of putting birthday salutes on your blog! It's so much fun to read what each family member has to say!

Shayleen Lunt said...

Can I steal this idea for 2008? So cute!
Happy Birthday Heather's Mom.

Corrie- said...

Happy Birthday Grandma Ross!

heather said...

Steal away Shayleen! My patten hasn't come through so your free and clear. It really is a fairly easy(sometimes capturing the singing is tricky) and fun way to say Happy Birthday so I recommend it to all!