Hopefully these are just short term problems I have come to have but I have noticed that:
Lately... I can’t seem to remember anything. I can’t remember where I put things or what I am supposed to be getting done. I can’t seem to retain anything except water. Which, that I am doing an excellent job at.
Lately... I have watched the same Dora the Explorer DVD like 100 times(not by my choice). Frankly, I’m a little disappointed I am not bilingual by now. Instead, probably due to my previous statement, I can only remember Rapido and Penguino. Although, I guess if I ever need to tell a penguin to go faster I’m set.
Lately... my woman/mother super power of multitasking is fading. I can either feed you or listen to you-pick one.
Lately...Dinners have become a variety- which consists of cereal, frozen pizza, or whatever you make yourself.
Lately... I can’t seem to tie my shoe without racing the clock so I don’t pass out from not being able to breathe while I’m bending down.
Lately... I can’t seem to get off the sweet-salty cycle. I eat something sweet then I just have to follow up with something salty which then brings me back to needing something sweet. When does it end!
Lately...PBS Kids and Dora have become my kids favorite companions. They assume this position and remain there way too long. Notice they are both in their pajamas still and it is like 11am. The sad part is I probably am too!
13 comments:
No worries dear friend. This too shall pass right? Todd Todd will arrive shortly and then you'll wish for such these days! I know what a great mom you are and I'm sure it's frustrating to not have things turn out like you so carefully plan. Whenever you need a break, give me a holler. You know I love you.
Flip flops, just wear flip flops who cares of you look like a crazy in winter. At least you won't pass out trying to put on shoes. I think that's all I wore for the last 3 months. And hey if it's PBS it's educational right? No guilt there. Haha.
You've definitely reached the end of your pregnancy. I think I had ALL those symptoms at the end of my last pregnancy. Some of them I still have. Geez, I hope I'm not pregnant . . .
Well- I think you overlooked a great blessing and accomplishment in all this. YOUR CHILDREN WEAR PAJAMAS!!! Mine are so lazy (at times) that their sweatpants and t's double as tonight's sleepwear!
Love You Totally-
What?? You're saying all of that isn't normal?? Great! Now I better shape up!
You mean the sweet-saltly thing is suppose to come to an end?!? Jeremy is 4 and mine still hasn't, hey it is the one luxury I still have in life.
By the way, I am your vt and if you need anything, anything at all, please do not hesitate to call me. Happy new year.
Heather - You are such a great mom! Seriously! I only had one (last go around) and could barely keep it together. Isn't it called survival mode at this point?
I can't wait to meet your little one!
Oh Heather, I was trying to read this out loud to Ray, Ryan, and Jeff and they couldn't understand half of what I was saying through my laughter! I laughed so hard I cried!
This will pass, and then you'll be able to post a new "Lately..." with the effects of sleep deprivation, newborn babies, family adjustments, etc. But at least you'll be able to tie your shoes again!
Hang in there! Lots of love and support headed your way!
I just want to verify Mama's comment. She was laughing hysterically, and so were the rest of us who were listening.
Honestly, this is perhaps one of the funniest posts I have read - ever.
I agree with Mama and Papa...this was one of the funniest posts. I used to joke with my sister who has seven children. She would feel bad about leaving them to fend for themselves. We actually came up with a name for this: "The Vulture Method of Child Rearing--only the strong survive" Isn't it nice to know that even though you aren't able to function as well as you would like, your children are strong enough to survive? That means you are doing something right--the rest is just fluff. Hang in there...you are not alone.
Thanks for reminding me that I DON'T want to be pregnant again anytime soon. I swear you lose half your brain when you get pregnant and the other half when you have them, and sometimes never recover much of anything by the time they can walk.
sad but true, i'm still experiencing four of the conditions you are experiencing "lately" and my baby's now 16. were they supposed to go away postpartum?
well, heather, don't be too concerned because you're sense of humor is a amazing as ever and as long as you got that you can get through anything!
i love to read your blog...it always makes me smile... that is if i'm not falling out of my chair laughing!
This is so funny! I think i experience all of them except the passing out when tieing my shoes. My favorite is Penguino, rapido! I was cracking up! I ask myself that question all the time...Why am I not bilingual yet?
Post a Comment