OK I have a not so great side to me. In general I am a pretty passive, easygoing, noncompetitive person but I have a streak of pride and competitiveness that comes out now and again and
it seems more often lately in relation to my husband. A couple of years ago, Kevin got us dance lessons for my birthday because he knows I love to dance. We recruited our great friends to go as well, so we all went and it was a blast but I did get corrected by the teacher more than I thought necessary because
in my mind I am a great dancer and I kept thinking--hey go tell Kevin what he's doing wrong because if it's not right the problem has to be with him not me! He did get corrected too but he must have needed it :) OK see prideful I know.Next, he then decided the class thing together was fun so for our anniversary he went through local class options and found an 8 week pottery class. Sounded fun, I'm crafty and artistic(I thought) so I was ready to go. We go and there I sit with my giant lump of clay trying to channel
My last example is in relation to the previous post. You saw our gingerbread house right. Well in reality he did all the wonderful icing work and construction and me and the kids randomly stuck the candy on. He then went above and beyond by making this awesome creation(see below). His parents collaborated with him and they worked together to design the model of the firehouse he works at. It is almost exactly like the real firehouse-it even has the dumpster in the back. In the past his parents and family made an amazing replica of Hogwart's castle, Hogsmeade village and the train station from Harry Potter out of gingerbread. It was incredible! OK back to the firehouse, His mom churned out more gingerbread and Kevin began construction. It took days and by the end he was even baking the gingerbread and making the icing himself--only in the most manly way of course! If you want to see this masterpiece it is on display in the lobby of the fire department/admin. building by our house.
That just AIN'T right! How can I ever top that! I guess the point is I don't need to top it but just be happy I am married to this amazingly talented man!! You know I think I'll sign us up for a scrapbook or computer class next (Those I know I would better at) Oops there I go again.
10 comments:
I'm laughing so hard my sides are hurting right now. I would like to see how my honey would do in these situations. Kevin is lucky to have you!
Let's add to the "that just AIN'T right"... "that's not FAIR!" (must be said in an annoyingly whiny voice!)
Wow! Kevin really does have a talent for making artsy stuff. What a bummer (oops.. I mean blessing!)
I love your posts!!
If you ever do the dancing class again, get Kevin to recruit Aaron and I! (I don't need any persuading.) Those gingerbread houses are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anyting like them!
That just ain't right! But you are blessed to be married to such a creative guy! That firehouse creation is amazing!!!
Well, look at this way, it is super that Kevin has gotten in touch with his FEMININE side in SO MANY ways. You must be proud.
Oh- and from one who also lives down the street from the firehouse, it is amazing. A perfect duplicate. (Remember-it's a feminine characteristic to be so detail oriented).
LOVE your blogs!
I am not surprised that the "Lego Master" is good at building gingerbread houses. You ARE lucky to be married to such a talented fellow. Of course he is more lucky that you are humble enough to step back and let him enjoy the spotlight! Oh, and for the record, Eric says that the model builder in him refuses to recognize being detail oriented as a feminine quality.
A little competitiveness never hurt anybody!! It makes life interesting, to say the least! (And I personally admire your clay creations. They have a homemade feel.)
Tell Kevin for me that it's good to know at least one fine example of a "girlie man". Oh, wait; he'll beat me up. Never mind.
I hate to admit it, but I think Steve is probably better at most things "crafty" than I am. He is very detail oriented as well.
I think you jinxed yourself with that last statement. You crack me up! I love the firehouse.
Post a Comment